I’m a little ridiculously excited about these.
Vegan pancakes are seriously an art form. When I searched “Vegan Pancakes”, my good friend Google reassured me that it could be done with the 10,100,000 results it came up with.
Yet, two stacks of epic pancake fails and a kitchen full of flour later, I was done. Zazu wouldn’t even eat them!
But third times a charm, because I finally just threw a bunch of stuff into a bowl and BAM. Pancakes! And not soggy wannabe pancakes like those egg only ones circulating around Instagram- nope, these could probably be Aunt Jemina- approved.
Especially with organic raspberries and apricot marmalade, because I refuse to accept it’s September..
PS I may or may not have used my pillowcase for this photoshoot Shhhh
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (not all are equal, make sure you get a good brand like Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup almondmilk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 T. agave or coconut sugar
- In a bowl, mix agave, almond milk, and apple sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, flax, and baking powder.
- Slowly add liquid to the dry bowl, and mix just until it's smooth.
- Heat a pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- When it's hot, drop pancake batter on- you should see bubbles in the pancake mix.
- Flip when golden brown, and top with raspberries, cinnamon, almond butter, and apricot jam.
The best thing ever is when you see these bubbles- it basically means your pancakes will actually turn out to be pancakes #winning
This time, Zaz approved.
And he even helped me clean up
Happy Labor Day!!!